[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting agenda for today - Jun 13 2011

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Mon Jun 13 06:58:46 PDT 2011

Hi All

As a result of the feedback we got in Monterey we had several meetings regarding improving OFED Packaging and Distributions compatibility.
One major point that we all agreed upon is that the new major OFED release should have the same API as the Linux kernel & distros
In order for this to happened Sean is working to push XRC to the kernel and libibverbs, which was the main difference between OFED and the kernel.

To accommodate the above we wish to change the OFED plans in this way:

1. Cancel OFED 1.6  and instead have OFED 2.0 in 2012 - work will start after XRC will be accepted to the kernel
2. Add OFED 1.5.x releases:
    a. OFED 1.5.3.2:
	- With only additional OSes support: RHEL 6.1 & RHEL 5.7
	- Schedule: July 20
    b. OFED 1.5.4
	- Features:
		- FDR support