[ewg] ibv_post_recv not returning errno

Greg I Kerr kerr.g at husky.neu.edu
Wed Mar 23 13:51:50 PDT 2011

Hi,

The man page for ibv_post_recv claims that it returns the value of errno if
it fails.

I have a call to ibv_post_recv that's failing for reasons not quite clear to
me, but errno is set to '2' when it fails, which is 'No such file or
directory.' Furthermore, I looked at the post_recv source code in
libmlx4-1.0 and can't find any references to errno.

Basically, I have a loop that does a post_send, post_receive, poll_cq. The
2nd time through the loop the post_receive fails.

So exactly what does ibv_post_recv return when it fails? As in, how can I
find out exactly what the problem was?

Thanks,

Greg Kerr