[ewg] Multicast help

Albert Strasheim fullung at gmail.com
Thu May 19 08:39:57 PDT 2011

Hello all

I am looking to experiment with multicast with libibverbs, but I can't
quite figure out how to connect all the pieces and example code is
hard to come by.

A few questions:

Do I have to configure anything special on my Sun switch with its
standard OpenSM configuration?

Where do I get the gid and lid parameters to pass to ibv_attach_mcast
after I have my UD QP?

Also, how do I set up this UD QP for multicasting?

I've looked at ud_pingpong.c and it seems I have to create an AH after
putting the the QP in the RTS state. Are there any parameters I have
to take care of for multicast?

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Albert