[ewg] Ethernet over Infinband.

Joseph Glanville joseph.glanville at orionvm.com.au
Thu May 19 11:36:32 PDT 2011

Hi,

Is anyone working on an implementation of Ethernet over Infinband
(EoIB) that doesn't require an Ethernet bridge or gateway device?
(BridgeX etc)
IPoIB doesn't suit my workload as I need Layer 2 Ethernet and I want
to run purely over converged Infinband.
There is no need for this Layer 2 network to extend beyond the
Infiniband fabric which is why I have no need for a gateway device
other than to provide infrastructure for EoIB.

Is there any technical limitation why such a device is required?
>From looking at the spec I couldn't fully rule out that the BridgeX
hardware does management etc of the multicast domains.

Joseph.
--
Kind regards,
Joseph.