[ewg] openvz kernel 2.6.32 OFED compile error

gmcc goatse at comcast.net
Tue Nov 29 07:46:23 PST 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 6:46 AM,  <drolfe at intellicentre.net.au> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to install the latest MLNX OFED for centos 6. Where I'm
> having problems is I'm running OpenVZ kernel 2.6.32-042stab039.11.

some time upstream patches get applied to centos/other distro kernels. but the
kernel version number does not increment.
So checks like #if LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(2, 6, 33)
will not produce the correct results. I have had to go into code and
change 33 to 35, or something similar.

also, on the inverse.
sometime patches do not get applied because the makefile system can't
determine which ones it should apply.

not sure 100% in your case, but i think I have run into these issue
compiling OFED on centos6.

PS: look at uverbs_0010_to_2_6_33.patch