[ewg] [Q] Does IPoIB bonding support VLAN??

Hiroyuki Sato hiroysato at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 20:58:01 PDT 2011

Hello Richard
Thank you for your information.

I would like to biuld robust IB network like the following diagram.
* IP over Infiniband network
* Server and Client connect different network.(different subnet)
* Normal Case: Client -> Router -> Server (IBport1)
* IBSwtich1 Broken: Client -> Router -> Server (IBport2)

My plan. (Router)
* bond ib port1 and port2 active-backup mode.
* add VLANs(sub interfaces) (client and server netowrk) on bond interface.

I read this document pp 45.
http://www.mellanox.com/related-docs/prod_software/Mellanox_OFED_Linux_user_manual_1_5_1.pdf

* I succeed to create subinterface on ib0.
* I succeed to create bond interface ib0 and ib1
* But I don't know how to add subinterface on bond
Do you know how to config it or do you have any alternative solutions??

             +-----------------+
             |   IPoIB Router  |
             +-----------------+
        ib port1|            |ibport2