[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting agenda for today (Oct 31, 2011)

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.com
Mon Oct 31 06:35:06 PDT 2011

This is the agenda for EWG/OFED meeting for Oct 31, 2011:

1. OFED 1.5.4 release:
      - Features:
	- FDR support - Management - done; kernel - accepted for upstream - will be in RC3
	- New OpenSM with 3D torus - done
	- Updated SDP - done
	- New uDAPL package - done
	- qib driver update - done
	- New PSM library - done
	- iWARP protocol interop - done
	- NFS-RDMA support for RHEL 6.1 & SLES11 SP1 - done
                - Add kernel 3.0 support - done
                - Add Scientific Linux 6.1 64 bit support - done
	- RHEL EL 6.2 - beta - done
	- New MVAPICH2 1.7 package - done
        - Schedule:
	Daily builds available  (http://www.openfabrics.org/builds/ofed-1.5.4)
	RC2: Oct 20 - done
	RC3: Nov 3
	GA: Nov 14, 2011 (after interop testing, if no major issues occurred)

2. OFED 1.5.4-rc2 interop testing report - Rupert

3. OFED 2.0:
	Kernel base will be 3.2 (after XRC accepted :-)
	Work on the new tree will start only when 3.2 will be in late RC (Rc7 or 8) since we wish to work without fixes.
	Estimation for starting work on the new kernel base - end of Dec/beginning of Jan

4. Option to move the meeting day:
     I will not be able to participate in meeting on Mondays.
     Can we move this meeting to Tue or Wed (same time)?

5. Open discussion

Tziporet