[ewg] [ANNOUNCE] Release 3.0.1 release of infinipath PSM
mike.marciniszyn at intel.com
Mon Aug 27 10:01:42 PDT 2012
https://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/infinipath-psm/infinipath-psm-3.0.1-115.1015_open.tar.gz contains the 3.0.1 release of the PSM library.
The changes to this release include:
- PSM sometimes picks up a context from a HCA with offline port, and issues a connection error. This change will return an error with unavailable context.
- When path record query is enabled, SHMEM will now work with non-default SL
- When checksum is on, PSM will now work with context-sharing
- Add PSM active message (AM) API to the product and PSM documentation
- PSM will not hang with smaller number of buffer/descriptor number. The progression routine will take care of what's on unacked queue, and possibly finish and re-use them.
- Fixes an bug where PSM uses AM replying descriptor to send AM request. It now uses sending descriptor.
- Add dynamic CCA setting from qib driver, PSM also has the ability to build its own CCA settings.
- More flexibility for PSM context sharing with multiple jobs: add PSM_RANKS_PER_CONTEXT env var.
- When user set an invalid PSM CCA parameter, use default.
- change the PSM hard-wired limit of 64 processes per node to 256 processes.
- Allow PSM_MTU to accept 1-5 values as well as 256-4096 values. If a wrong value is input the setting defaults to 2048.
- Fabric with 2K MTU on the ISLs and 4K MTU at the HCAs will now negotiate to a lower MTU on both side and prevent hangs at some large message sizes.
More information about the ewg