[ewg] Building OFED 1.5.4.1 on SLES11SP1 + updates kernel 2.6.32.54-0.3

Mike Marciniszyn mike.marciniszyn at qlogic.com
Wed Feb 15 06:53:53 PST 2012

You probably want to submit on the ewg list and not the rdma list.

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build the recent OFED release on a SLES11SP1 box with
> the latest kernel, had to upgrade to fix security and other problems.
> However, the OFED build is dying... does anyone have any patches to
> make this work? Can I pull fixes from some dev tree?

On the surface, it looks like OFED would need to differentiate between the 2.6.32.12-0.7 and the new 2.6.32.54-0.3 for at least this issue.

Is the IS_ERR_OR_NULL() a define in the new header file or an inline function?

If it's a define, perhaps an easy test would be to guard the inline in kernel_addons/backport/2.6.32_sles11sp1/include/linux/err.h.

If not, the scope of the change would need to be something like:

1. create new directory kernel_addons/backport/2.6.32_sles11sp1_update with the same files as kernel_addons/backport/2.6.32_sles11sp1
2. Modify the following code fragment in ofed_scripts/get_backport_dir.sh to add another elif test for $minor at 53 and echo 2.6.32_sles11sp1_update
        2.6.32*)
                minor=$(echo $KVERSION | cut -d "." -f 4 | cut -d "-" -f 1)
                if [ $minor -eq 12 ]; then
                        echo 2.6.32_sles11sp1
                else
                        echo 2.6.32
                fi
        ;;
3. Modify err.h to get rid of the duplicate inline of IS_ERR_OR_NULL()
4. See what happens after that...

Mike

This message and any attached documents contain information from QLogic Corporation or its wholly-owned subsidiaries that may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute, or use this information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message.