[ewg] is qlgc_vnic supposed to work with RHEL6[.2]?

Tom Elken tom.elken at qlogic.com
Thu Feb 16 11:11:05 PST 2012

> On Behalf Of Brian J. Murrell
> > QLogic contributed this code to OFED, so it's on us to comment.
> > We're still working on an answer to your question/issue.  Sorry for the
> delay.
>
> Any news to report yet?

Hi Brian,

For now we do not yet have a RHEL6 port of qlgc_vnic.  Our final answer to this question is dependent on some activities which will occur after the close of the Intel acquisition of the QLogic IB program*.  We recommend you leave things in their present state and omit qlgc_vnic from your builds for RHEL6, until such time as we can have a more definitive solution.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Tom
* http://ir.qlogic.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=85695&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1651338&highlight=

> Cheers,
> b.

This message and any attached documents contain information from QLogic Corporation or its wholly-owned subsidiaries that may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute, or use this information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message.