[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting minutes for today (Dec 13, 2011)

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Fri Jan 6 14:10:19 PST 2012

I took an AR from the last meeting to solicit input on
the Linux distro/kernel list that we will support in the
next release of OFED-3.2.

The suggestion in the meeting was that we drop support for all
RHEL EL 5.x versions. We'd like peoples input on that as it may be
hard to do backports from kernel.org 3.2 all the way back to the 2.6.18 Redhat kernel base.

For the other distro/kernel releases, here is a start of a list
of the distos that I'd like to see supported.

RHEL EL 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, and possibly 6.3 if released before OFED-3.2 .
In the past, we have only supported the latest 2 updates of RHEL, but I
received some feedback that it would be better to support the last 4.

SLES 11 SP 1 and SLES 11 SP 2 (if released before OFED-3.2)
Scientific Linux 6.1
Kernel.org 3.2  (what other kernel.org versions do we need to support ?)