[ewg] Licensing issue with current rds-tools tarballs

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.com
Mon Jan 16 08:44:57 PST 2012

Adding RDS development mailing list

Tziporet

-----Original Message-----
From: ewg-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org [mailto:ewg-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org] On Behalf Of Doug Ledford
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:51 PM
To: ewg at lists.openfabrics.org
Subject: [ewg] Licensing issue with current rds-tools tarballs

This came up during package review for Fedora.  I have already brought it up with Venkat at Oracle.  The issue is that the licensing of this package is incomplete (the file COPYING that is referenced in several source files is not present in the tarball) and in one place outdated (in examples/rds-example.c, the address for the FSF is incorrect).  Just an FYI for any companies whose legal teams are as strict as ours about not redistributing code without a proper, legal license.  I hope an
rds-tools-2.0.8 should be rolled soon to resolve the issue.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: 0E572FDD