[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting agenda for today - June 12, 2012

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.com
Tue Jun 12 08:37:44 PDT 2012

Agenda for today:

1. OFA board: Clarification of the terms "OFED" and "OFS"  (OFA Software)

2. OFED releases:

2.1 OFED 3.2:
	- RC1 was released
	- issues:
		- Does not support RHEL 6.3
		- PPC problems
	Discussion: to resolve or move to next kernel

2.2 Next step:
	We wish to move directly to kernel base 3.5.-rc2
	In this way we will gain all kernel accepted patches and also will be able to drive bug fixes we find to the kernel
	Also we will have our OFED release in GA only few (~2) weeks after kernel.org is GA
	Vlad will prepare compat and publish next week

2.3 Kernel patches
	We found that the compat supports adding kernel patches that already accepted upstream.
	We already used it in 3.2-rc1 and we can use this to add fixes that accepted to newer kernels to our package

3. Open discussion

Tziporet