[ewg] ofed 3.2 build issue with the 3.2.0 kernel

Marciniszyn, Mike mike.marciniszyn at intel.com
Fri May 18 05:44:11 PDT 2012

Vlad,

I'm trying to work my way down the backport with OFED 3.2 and I started with the 3.2.0 kernel.

I get an error centered on the dst.h in include/net in the ewg version of compat.

On my RHEL6.2 server, the dst.h from my 3.2.0 build tree never gets included.

I think either:
1. the > 3.1 include should use an include_next in our compat/include/net/dist.h

OR

2. delete our compat/include/net/dst.h and add the routines in this file gets moved to compat-3.2.h

Either of these solutions allow the core to compile.

It would seem to me that #2 is more in spirit with the wireless compat model.

Mike