[ewg] OpenSM 3.3.16 will not start

Hal Rosenstock hal at dev.mellanox.co.il
Fri Apr 12 07:01:53 PDT 2013

Hi Mads,

On 4/12/2013 2:57 AM, Mads Boye wrote:
> Hi again.
> I fixed the issue myself.
> The issue was caused by the fact that i had libopensm.so.5.0.0 and a symlink libopensm.so.5 in /usr/lib64
> I removed them and created a symlink ln -s /usr/local/lib/libopensm.so.5.1.1 libopensm.so.5 in /usr/lib64 and now i am able to start opensm 3.3.16.
>
> My system is Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64.

Your system already had an older OpenSM on it and by default, opensm is
installed in /usr/local/... (lib, etc.). I suspect your library path had
/usr/lib64 ahead of /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib.

There are a number of ways around this. One is the way you found.
Another is to configure so that the libraries go into /usr/lib64.

-- Hal