[ewg] RHEL6.4's kernel - OFED 1.5.4.1 source rpm with RHEL 6.4 support available

rick at microway.com rick at microway.com
Wed Apr 17 11:19:51 PDT 2013

Hi Ihara,

I have patched the ofa_kernel source rpm from OFED 1.5.4.1 to work with
the RHEL/CentOS 6.4 kernel.  Here is a link to the source rpm I created:

ftp://ftp.microway.com/for-customer/ofa_kernel-1.5.4.1.1-2.src.rpm

Replace the ofa_kernel source rpm in the OFED/SRPMS directory with it
before running the install script and everything should just work.

This source rpm has also been updated (previously) to support RHEL 5.8 as
well. Both 5.8 and 6.4 support were added by modifying the
get_backport_dir.sh script, creating new entries for 5.8 and 6.4, and then
copying the kernel_backports and kernel_addons directories from 5.7/6.1,
and then making the fixes for 5.8/6.4 in those copied directories.

Thanks,
Rick Warner