[ewg] OFED 3.12 SRP client compatibility for RHEL 6.5

Bart Van Assche bvanassche at acm.org
Tue Dec 10 00:30:59 PST 2013

On 12/09/13 18:54, Vladimir Sokolovsky wrote:
> I adopted 0025-ib_srp-Backport-to-older-kernels.patch from OFED-3.5 into
> compat-rdma (master) including changes Amir sent to me.
> Please try
> http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/OFED/ofed-3.12-daily/OFED-3.12-20131209-0842.tgz

Hi Vladimir,

I had a look at
http://git.openfabrics.org/git?p=compat-rdma/compat-rdma.git;a=blob;f=patches/0005-BACKPORT-ib_srp.patch
instead. I hope that you don't mind that I have a few questions about
that patch (which bears my signed-off-by but which is a patch I hadn't
seen before) ?
- Which upstream kernel versions and which vendor distro's will be
supported by OFED 3.12 ?
- Building the SRP initiator requires a recent version of the kernel
source files drivers/scsi/Makefile, drivers/scsi/scsi_priv.h,
drivers/scsi/scsi_transport_srp.c,
drivers/scsi/scsi_transport_srp_internal.h and
include/scsi/scsi_transport_srp.h. I haven't seen these in the master
branch of the linux-3.12 git repository
(http://git.openfabrics.org/git?p=compat-rdma/linux-3.12.git;a=tree;hb=master).
Is that correct ?
- Are there any plans to include the upstream kernel 3.13 SRP initiator
patches in OFED 3.12 ? I think these patches improve the SRP initiator
significantly in a multipath setup.

Thanks,

Bart.