[ewg] Can't snoop all kinds of mad packets

Weiny, Ira ira.weiny at intel.com
Mon Apr 7 16:35:22 PDT 2014

Could you provide more information?

How are you using "snoop"?

Ib_register_mad_snoop does not appear to limit any of the classes which can be snooped.  Furthermore, the current kernel code does not have any callers to ib_register_mad_snoop that I can find.  Because of this I was contemplating submitting a patch to remove it's functionality.
To snoop mad packets on upstream kernels I have found system tap to be usefull.

Ira