[ewg] rdma_accept and non-rdma QPs

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Sep 4 09:29:19 PDT 2014

> Since (as explained in my other email), rdma_create_qp() has not been
> called,
> id->qp is NULL, causing ucma_modify_qp_rtr() and subsequently
> rdma_accept() failure.
>
> Other than directly setting id->qp, I don't see how rdma_accept() can be
> used
> without calling rdma_create_qp() first.
>
> Is the conclusion that rdmacm doesn't support outside QP
> creation/destruction
> (at least not for the passive side) and that the documentation
> (rdma_accept
> manpage) is incorrect?

Tracing through the code, I don't think that the rdma cm will support outside QP creation on either the active or passive side.  Rdma_connect() should handle outside QP creation, but the corresponding event processing code will not, for the same reason why rdma_accept() does not.

Either the man page or code needs to be updated.  Is there a reason why you are using external QP creation?