[ewg] proposal of patchs for perfquery

Philippe Gregoire philippe.gregoire at cea.fr
Fri Sep 18 06:10:11 PDT 2015

Hello,
We are using at CEA on our machines a modified version of perfquery
command.
This version allows to interface efficiently perfquery and collectl in
order to collect HCA 64 bits counters and reset some others (32 bits)I

The modification includes two patches (originally written by Matthieu
Hautreux from CEA) adding two options :

  * perfquery --ext_mask option to specify the reset mask to apply using
    a parameter instead of adding it at the end of the line. This
    enables to use a reset mask when using -C and -P option like in

     '/usr/sbin/perfquery --ext_mask 0x10000 -x -C mlx4_0 -P 1'

  *   perfquery -Y option to collect hybrid basic/extended port
    counters  showing the same informations than  perfquery -x but
    replacing 32 bits counters by 64 bits counters.

With this two patches, we are able in collectl to collect 64 & 32 bits
counters and reset some of the 32 bits counters (XmitWait) in one
perfquery command :  '/usr/sbin/perfquery --ext_mask 0x10000 -Y -C
mlx4_0 -P 1'

Could you include these patches in the next release of infiniband-diags ?
The patches have been generated from  the last infiniband-diags source
(http://git.openfabrics.org/?p=~iraweiny/infiniband-diags.git)

Regards

Philippe Gregoire
CEA/DAM