[ewg] OFA EWG Meeting: Monday, Aug 29th, 2016, 09:00 AM US Pacific Time (12pm EST) - Minutes

Davis, Arlin R arlin.r.davis at intel.com
Mon Aug 29 10:26:42 PDT 2016

Attendees                          Company
Pradeep Kankipati            Avago
Steve Wise                         Chelsio
Dwip Banerjee                   IBM
David Dai                            IBM
Arlin Davis                            Intel
John Lacombe                     Intel
Tatyana Nikolova             Intel
Jim Ryan                            Intel
Vladimir Sokolovsky        Mellanox
Rupert Dance                    Software Forge
John Jolly                           SUSE
Michael Aguilar                 Sandia

Note: Please send me email if I missed you so I can update the attendees.

Minutes:

*        Opens

*        OFED 4.8:

o   Big thanks to Vlad! The first OFED with kernel 4.8 RC3 build is ready. (will rebase as needed)

?  http://downloads.openfabrics.org/OFED/ofed-4.8-daily/OFED-4.8-20160828-0752.tgz

o   Most components build/load, qlogic gets symbol errors on load.

o   Everyone to verify their user and kernel components are included.

?  Please have teams do quick validation of this package on kernel 4.8

o   Vlad will work RH 7.2 backports first. Issues reported on EWG mailing list.

?  Please be responsive to Vlad's request for backport fixes.

o   Any new driver/library inclusion as "preview only" should be formalized with Vlad (email specifics)

*        User Packages:

o   http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/WorkGroups/ewg/OFED_User_Package_Status/2016/OFED-User-Package-Status-2016-07-31.pdf

?  The new libi40iw library was added to distribution, not part of package build until Intel verifies.

*        Bug Status:

o   http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/WorkGroups/ewg/OFED_Bugs/2016/OFED-4.x-Bug-Status-2016-07-31.pdf

?  Currently there are 8 open/deferred bugs to be fixed. Rupert will update list for next meeting.

*        Timelines for 4.x release: TBD

Next Meeting:

Monday, September 12, 2016, 09:00 AM US Pacific Time
New Reservationless Bridge (expires Jan 23, 2017):
916-356-2663, 8-356-2663, Bridge: 2, Passcode: 7482911
Toll-free number in the United States and Canada is 1-888-875-9370

Regards,

Arlin