[ewg] FW: Failure to build OFED 4.8 on RHEL 7.2 with native kernel

Rupert Dance rsdance at soft-forge.com
Sun Nov 27 20:13:19 PST 2016

Hi Ram,

We have made some changes to our process in our transition from OFED 3.18-x
to OFED 4.8. I have attached my old process notes from OFED 3.18-x which may
be helpful but please realize that I need to update these to reflect the
changes we have made for OFED 4.8.

Here are a few things that may help:

1.      Many of the OFED User packages have been moved.

a.       Previous location for everything:
http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/

b.      New location for some: (https://github.com/linux-rdma/rdma-core)

2.      Check out the attached ofed.conf-example file

a.       You can use this file to select which packages you do not want to
install.

3.      Check out the attached Readme file and OFED Tips (dated wrong but
has 4.8 info in it)

4.      Use the new installation flag '--without-<package>' to eliminate
things that are not working for you.

a.       For example ./install.pl --all --without-ocrdma --without-nfsrdma

5.      Review Vladimir Sokolovsky postings to the EWG reflector (see one
attached)

Thanks

Rupert