[ewg] OFA EWG: current status needed on open items.

Vladimir Sokolovsky vlad at dev.mellanox.co.il
Thu Jan 19 08:25:25 PST 2017

On 01/14/2017 12:25 AM, Davis, Arlin R wrote:

> Since we haven’t meet since early December I would like to get some
> updates. Please provide status where noted. Thanks!
>
> ·Opens:
> oRequest for RH6.8 support. General consensus is no for OFED 4.8, ok
> for OFED 3.18-x.
> §Vlad will work on a 3.18-3 daily build drop with RH6.8 support.
> (DONE, thanks Vlad!)
> ·http://downloads.openfabrics.org/OFED/ofed-3.18-3-daily/OFED-3.18-3-20170104-0703.tgz

The latest build with RHEL6.8 support is:
http://downloads.openfabrics.org/OFED/ofed-3.18-3-daily/OFED-3.18-3-20170115-0651.tgz

> §Everyone please support Vlad with backports as needed.
> ·STATUS?  Vlad, can you gives us a list of what is still missing?
> oEWG request for “GPL only” kernel components on 12/1 OFA board agenda.
> §Ok to continue daily builds, board needs more time to discuss.
> STATUS?  (Woody or Susan)
> §3.18-3 and 4.8 GA is blocked until final board decision
> ·OFED 4.8:
>
> §Updated Dec 22:
> http://downloads.openfabrics.org/OFED/ofed-4.8-daily/OFED-4.8-20161222-0632.tgz
>
> ·Backports: RH 7.1,7.2,7.3; SLES 12 SP1,SP2STATUS? Is this correct
> list? (Vlad)

Supported OSes: RHEL 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, SLES 12 SP0, SP1, SP2

> §Base: ib_core, mlx4_core, mlx4_ib, mlx4_en, ib_ipoib, cxgb3, cxgb4,
> nes, mlx5_ib
>
> ·qib build issues still being worked by Intel STATUS? (Intel).
>
> ·Will mlx5_en be included?STATUS? (Vlad)

mlx5 Ethernet driver is a part of mlx5_core kernel module. So, it is
included already and supports all of the OSes above.
cxgb3, cxgb4, nes fail on RHEL 7.0, 7.1, SLES 12 SP0, SP1

> §ULPs:  srp (RH7.2, 7.3, SLES 12 SP2), iser (RH7.3, SLES 12
> SP2),STATUS? (Vlad)

SRP and iSER backports are included for all of the supported OSes.

> nfsrdma(Jeff Becker may have time in late Dec, early Jan)STATUS? (Jeff)
>
> §User rdma core library source is being pulled from github rdma-core:
>
> ·Some dependency/build issues with some distro’s
>
> ·Vlad will attempt to fix via ofed build; will request changes to
> rdma-core if neededSTATUS? (Vlad)

No changes yet.

> §New drivers:
>
> ·nvme-rdma (need “GPL only” approval; what backports can we target?)
>
> ·i40iw     STATUS?  (Tatyana)
>
> ·i40en (need “GPL only” decision)STATUS? (Tatyana)
>
> ·hfi1   will this be included in OFED 4.8. STATUS?  (Intel)

Regards,
Vladimir