[ewg] [ANNOUNCE] OFED 4.8-rc2 release is available

Coulter, Susan K skc at lanl.gov
Thu May 4 16:47:32 PDT 2017

The unpleasant fact is that the OFA has not been deeply involved, as an organization, in the development and distribution of OFED.
That may seem counter-intuitive, and it is certainly not appropriate, but it is the raw truth.
The EWG manages, tests, and releases OFED versions.
Until recently, that was all done without official review or approval from the larger OFA constituency.

There are many issues the OFA needs to get straight if it is to continue to contribute to the community in a positive way.
( and I fully acccept some folks would posit that the OFA has never contributed in a positive way )
This is one of them.