[ewg] OFA EWG Meeting: Monday, April 23rd, 2018 - Minutes

Davis, Arlin R arlin.r.davis at intel.com
Mon Apr 23 10:58:21 PDT 2018

Attendees                          Company
Robert Woodruff              Intel
Arlin Davis                         Intel
Tatyana Nikolova              Intel
Vladimir Sokolovsky          Mellanox
Rupert Dance                    SW Forge
Brenden Myers                 SW Forge
Yuval Bason                          Cavium

Minutes:

*        Opens

o   Plugfest successful: RoCE growing (25-100GbE), still lots of InfiniBand participation, 200 Gb starting to show up.

o   OFA conference, discussion about Distro interop testing; OFED is still "plan of record" for OFA and logo events.

*        OFED-4.17:

o   kernel 4.17-rc2 ready

?  Vlad will start working on OFED core components this week (2 week ETA for build)

*    Ingredients to match OFED 4.8-2

*    Removing Xeon-Phi drivers, libraries, installation, and documentation

*    Can add new ingredients as requested. Note: we need maintainer commitments

o   New distro/backports (after core component integration)

?  RH EL7.4, RH7.5

?  SLES12.3, SLES15 (~June 2018)

o   Libraries/ULPs/Drivers to upgrade or add

?  We believe Huawei will add hns drivers (Arlin will reach out to confirm)

?  Mellanox ConnectX5/6 support will be added as part of existing drivers in kernel 4.17

?  Broadcom 25-100Gb/s Adapter - not sure, we believe upgrades coming in 4.17

?  FW upgrades - Cavium will have some updates to support iWARP

o   Any backport limitations for ulp and drivers?

?  NVMe-oF (some backport support in OFED-4.17, Intel can help - TBD)

?  i40iw (no backport support in OFED-4.17)

?  NFS-rdma (need to reach out to Jeff Becker)

Feel free to send corrections and any omissions.

Regards,

Arlin