[ewg] OFED 4.8-2 progress/status

Davis, Arlin R arlin.r.davis at intel.com
Tue Jan 9 17:45:08 PST 2018

Happy New Year everyone! Since Jan 1st and 15th fall on US holiday's we will need to update status and make progress via ewg email list.

Please provide status where applicable.

- Board Approval for OFED 4.8-2 GA:

- Problem with OFED "without dependency" option? Tatyana's particular issue can be resolved by adding another dependency during installation, work with Vlad.

- OFED 4.8-2:  http://downloads.openfabrics.org/OFED/ofed-4.8-2-daily/OFED-4.8-2-20180104-1135.tgz

		Fixes for perftest build, fix for SLES12 SP3 qib build.
		Fixes for RH7.4 bnxt and qedr build? (I didn't see any patches on list).

	Test Status: Intel - build/quick validation test (mlx5) on RH7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4 SLES 12.1, 12.2, 12.3 - Passed

	Test Status from other companies?

-Known issues to be resolved:
	1. kernel.org 4.8 build issue, details sent to Vlad - status?
	2. cxgb4 issue on SLES12.3, iwpmd, rping, changing MTU - status?
	3. pvrdma transition out of from tech preview - status?

	Are there any other known issues to report?

- OFED 4.8-1 RC1 schedule:
	- Targeting week of Jan 15th if all known build issues resolved and no objections.

Regards,

Arlin