[ewg] netdev_notifiers

Kalderon, Michal Michal.Kalderon at cavium.com
Mon Jul 23 05:13:08 PDT 2018

Hi Vlad, Arlin,

We had an issue with loading our net driver and found that the following is missing from compat/netdevice.h:

#ifdef HAVE_REGISTER_NETDEVICE_NOTIFIER_RH
#define register_netdevice_notifier register_netdevice_notifier_rh
#define unregister_netdevice_notifier unregister_netdevice_notifier_rh
#endif

This leads to a crash when getting a netdev event.

In addition, I wanted to check if this was fixed (git pull) but got the following message:
Fatal: unable to connect to git.openfabrics.org:
git.openfabrics.org[0: 69.55.231.76]: errno=Connection refused
(been like this since yesterday )

thanks,
Michal