[openib-general] Re: [Rdma-developers] Meeting (07/22) summary:OpenRDMA community development discussion

Talpey, Thomas Thomas.Talpey at netapp.com
Mon Aug 1 04:00:48 PDT 2005

At 06:49 AM 8/1/2005, Caitlin Bestler wrote:
>After that we need a standardized way to implement "modify qp
>to RTS" in a iWARP-centric fashion.

I will add that RPC/RDMA (NFS-RDMA) does not currently require this
functionality, it begins all connections in RDMA mode and the current
DAPL semantics are fine for now. This functionality would be of great
importance to iSER however, of course.

In the future, NFSv4/sessions has an exchange which can to make
use of the iWARP step-up mode, but it is not required and we have
deferred implementing it in the session establishment so far.

Tom.