[openib-general] osm build errors gen1

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu Aug 11 12:51:30 PDT 2005

Hi Joe,

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 15:44, Joe Damato wrote:
> Hello -
>
>     Sorry for the long email (lots of build errors).
>
>     I am attempting to build osm as part of gen1 to allow me to test
> some openib gen1 code and compare to an openib gen2 port that I have
> been working on.

I'm trying to understand what you are doing:

Are you trying to take OpenIB OpenSM and build it with gen1 rather than
gen2 (OpenIB) ? Or are you trying to build a recent gen1 based OpenSM
(like Mellanox Gold 1.8.0) and use this on gen2 (OpenIB) node ?

It looks like the OpenSM you are building includes files (osm_db.h,
osm_db_pack.h) which are not part of the OpenIB OpenSM so it is likely
the latter.

Note that a merge of OpenSM 1.8.0 functionality is underway and will be
coming to OpenIB.