[openib-general] [kDAPL]How to register a vmalloc() allocated buffer

Ian Jiang ianjiang.ict at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 09:45:52 PST 2005

I am doing a simple rdma-read test using the kDAPL. My test is running in
the kernel model.
When I allocate both the data source and sink buffers using kmalloc() and
register the buffers using dat_lmr_kcreate() with memory type
DAT_MEM_TYPE_PHYSICAL, everything goes well. If the sink buffer is allocated
with vmalloc() and registered as before, no registering error or rdma read
DTO completion error occours but
My questions:
1) Could a buffer allocated with vmalloc() be used for a kDAPL rdma reading?
If so,
2) should a buffer of this kind be registered in the same as a buffer
allocated with kmalloc()?

Could anyone give some suggestion?
Thanks very much!
--
Ian Jiang
ianjiang.ict at gmail.com

Laboratory of Spatial Information Technology
Division of System Architecture
Institute of Computing Technology
Chinese Academy of Sciences