FW: [openib-general] Minutes from DAPL BOF at OpenIB Workshop

Christoph Hellwig hch at lst.de
Fri Feb 11 00:14:24 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 06:49:02PM -0500, Kanevsky, Arkady wrote:
> For kDAPL:
> The iSER has been submitted to Open Ib by Voltaire already.

That's what started this discussion.

> There are application already writen to them.

We have much higher quality standards then standards comittees, so these
kernel-level "applications" will need a major rewrite anyway.

> It is in nobody's interest to splinter the user community.

We don't particularly care about it either, though.

> We need the same API on all platforms.

I don't know who "we" here is, but we as the kernel developer community
certainly disagree.