[openib-general] Connectivity

Sean Hubbell shubbell at dbresearch.net
Fri Sep 2 08:10:35 PDT 2005

Hal Rosenstock wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 10:56, Sean Hubbell wrote:
>

>>OK, here are my results. On my master node, the one that typically runs
>>opensm, states the port is INIT. The other nodes still say that they are
>>ACTIVE.
>>

>If the SM port is not active, any SA requests (multicast requests) will
>not be received by the SA (and hence not responded to) as they require
>the port to be active. That's the key issue: getting that port to
>ACTIVE.
>
>-- Hal

This was what happened when I shutdown opensm as per you suggestion. I
may have misunderstood. What I did was shutdown opensm and then checked
the /sys/class/infiniband/mthca/ports/1/state to see what the status was
for the node that usually runs opensm and then the other nodes. The
master node when opensm was down was INIT. The other nodes were active.
If I restarted opesm then the master node goes to ACTIVE.

Sean