[openib-general] libmthca error codes question

Kyle Schochenmaier kschoche at scl.ameslab.gov
Tue Feb 14 10:08:04 PST 2006

I have come across some error codes which are not entirely documented
(or at least very well hidden)..
They are generated when I try to send via rdma using uverbs interface on
mthca drivers.

When polling for work completions, I get the following behavior, and
have not been able to figure out if they are related, and/or what they
actually mean.

( I'm polling using ibv_poll_cq() inside a loop)
 I receive these two error values/codes for the ibv_wc.status variable:

IBV_WC_LOC_PROT_ERR
IBV_WC_WR_FLUSH_ERR  (after the first one, all of the status fields are
this)

Is the LOC_PROT_ERR being generated due to some wrong access flags for
the queue pair upon initialization?
I can send/recv fine on the same queue pair when not using rdma, so I'm
somewhat confused about why I'd not get this error elsewhere.

what causes the two error codes?

thanks,

- Kyle

--