[openib-general] SRP not detecting

DiDomenico, Mike mdidomenico at silverstorm.com
Tue Feb 21 06:31:57 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
> I suggest using ibsrpdm from my srptools stuff under userspace in
> svn.  It's a lot easier to use, since you don't have to guess the LID
> of the target, and it tells you everything you need to do.
>
> You can just do "ibsrpdm" to get a summary of all the targets on the
> fabric, and "ibsrpdm -c" to get a string you can echo to the kernel to
> connect.
>

> This is almost definitely the node GUID, so using it as the port GUID
> will be wrong.

Roland,

Without a doubt your tool is much easier to use then DMCLI, someone
should probably update the wiki...  Which is where I got the info to use
dmcli...

I'm still getting rejected however, and I suspect it's because I haven't
created an SRP map on the SilverStorm 7000, which leads me back to the
question of why it's not auto-detecting in the switch.  Which very well
could be a switch issue, I have to find an engineering resource over
here to see further.

I'm going to add the map manually and see if I can get the system at
least going.

thanks