[openib-general] Suggested components to support in 1.0

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Fri Feb 24 10:56:45 PST 2006

Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> My understanding is that kDAPL has been vetoed for inclusion in the
> upstream kernel, so I do not currently see any point in shipping it.
> Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not saying that kDAPL needs to be included in the release, but I don't think
that this is the correct criteria to use when determining which modules to
include in the OpenIB release.  We may very well have kernel modules that will
never be merged into the kernel, such as test programs or debugging tools, that
may make sense to add to a release.