[openib-general] question on QoS support

Makia Minich minich at ornl.gov
Thu Nov 2 06:15:17 PST 2006

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> Makia,
>
> On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 17:42, Makia Minich wrote:
>> It just so happens that we've started looking at this here at ORNL as
>> well.  I had a question about the options.  The manpage makes it seem
>> that you can set these qos options (e.g. qos_high_limit) from the
>> command line, but I haven't been overly successful.
>
> What are you referring to in the man page ?

OK, re-reading the man page section on qos, I now realize that I didn't
understand the statement "cached options file" on my initial read
through.  So, now I've got it.

> Which OpenSM are you using (trunk or 1.1 based) ?

1.1 based

>> Is there an example of this being done?
>
> Yes in both the man page under QOS CONFIGURATION or under
> osm/doc/qos-config.txt in the repository.

I see that that file doesn't install in the doc directory with OFED,
perhaps that should be added (so that I can find it in the ${OFED}/doc
directory).

>>   Or is changing the /var/cache/osm/opensm.opts file
>> the preferred method of changing the options?
>
> I think it's the only way but it is imperative QoS is enabled for this
> to have any effect.
>
> -- Hal

That part I've got set in the opensm.opts file:

no_qos FALSE