[openib-general] OpenSM log growing too big

Venkatesh Babu venkatesh.babu at 3leafnetworks.com
Thu Nov 16 10:39:56 PST 2006

Hal Rosenstock wrote:

> Not sure what question you are asking exactly.
>
> Is it what do those messages mean or the file getting large or both ?

   Both. The message looks like LID 5 is generating too many events. The
log file grows few MBs a second. What ever the problem with the port it
should not generate these many log messages. I guess it is a OpenSM bug.

> What options are you using on OpenSM startup ?

  root      7703  0.0  0.0 92784 1652 ?        Sl   05:00   0:01
/usr/bin/opensm -g 0x005045014ac20001 -p 11 -s 10 -u -f /var/log/opensm.log

> Also, any chance you can move forward on a more recent and better
> OpenSM ?

 It is difficult to use OpenSM from OFED 1.1. Because we need to do
another QA verification cycle with our product.
But I can find the specific patch to the OpenSM I can apply that patch
to the existing OpenSM.

 VBabu