[openib-general] What can be the reason for VAPI_WR_FLUSH_ERR when sending from gen2 to gen1

Bub Thomas thomas.bub at thomson.net
Fri Sep 15 02:37:54 PDT 2006

This seems to be the very last little bug in my journey migrating from
gen1 client and server to gen2 client  and gen1 server.
While I came over all CM issues I had so far (thanks to Sean Heafty)
I'm now in the situation that I have a gen2 client connected to a gen1
server via CM.
Unfortunately the first IBV_WR_SEND causes a:
(syndrome=0xf9=VAPI_WR_FLUSH_ERR , opcode=6=VAPI_CQE_RQ_SEND_DATA)
error in the receive completion queue of the server.

Doing the CM connection and the first send in the opposite direction
from gen1 client to gen2 server it is OK.
Needless to say that connection and send between gen1 <-> gen1 and
gen2<->gen2 is OK as well.

I copied Erez Cohen from Mellanox as well.

Maybe someone can explain me in more detail what the error is about and
how to avoid it.

Thanks
Thomas