[ofa-general] XRC cleanup order issue

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Wed Dec 12 07:24:38 PST 2007

HI,
        This question is mainly for Mellanox engineers.

        With XRC, the rank who create the QP which is used for transport to all ranks on that node can NOT exit first if other ranks are still using
the transport. This restriction is a problem for our dynamic process definition where any rank could die with any reason, but without teardown the
whole application.

        I am thinking about shared memory usage, where the creator does not have to keep alive while other processes can still use it, untill the
last process exits, then the system will cleanup the shared memory.

        Can't XRC mimic the shared memory behavior ?

Thanks.

--CQ Tang