[openib-general] new IB CM reject reason

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Thu Feb 1 12:29:00 PST 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Sean Hefty wrote:

> > And my claim is that you should define private data format to go with this
> > other reason otherwise you are not really solving the problem.
>
> This is not a consumer issued reject.  It is a CM issued reject, so
> the private data is ignored.  This is no different than several
> other reject reasons (like invalid service ID).  At best we could
> define the ARI, but if we knew what the contents of the ARI should
> be, then we should use a more specific reject reason than 'other'.

Invalid Service ID (8) appears to be an appropriate Reason value for
the case when a REQ is received for a service ID that is not
registered with the CM (either because the application crashed or
exited on its own accord).

I agree that if the reason codes are insufficient we should take this
up in the IBTA.