[ofa-general] [RFP] support for iWARP requirement - activeconnectside MUST send first FPDU

Felix Marti felix at chelsio.com
Tue Oct 23 19:05:50 PDT 2007

[felix] This will not work with a Chelsio RNIC which follows the IETF
specification by a) not issuing a 0B RDMA Write to the wire and b)
silently consuming an incoming 0B write. Therefore 0B RDMA Writes cannot
be 'abused' for such a synchronization mechanism. I believe that the
mentioned apps adhering to the iWarp requirement do a 'send' from the
active side and only have the passive side issue RDMA ops once the
incoming send has been received. I would guess that following a similar
model is the best way to go and supported by all iWarp vendors
implementing the IETF spec.