[ofa-general] AE kernel messages decrypted (Chelsio RNIC T3)

Philip Frey1 PHF at zurich.ibm.com
Thu Apr 24 13:05:02 PDT 2008

Hi,

I sometimes see async events reported through /var/log/messages of the
form

post_qp_event - AE qpid 0x240 opcode 0 status 0x6 type 0 wrid.hi
0xff650000 wrid.lo 0x0

and alike.
I am now looking for a more meaningful explanation of what is going wrong.
After some grepping I ended up
in ofa_kernel-1.3/drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb3/iwch_ev.c where this
messages is written to the log.
Since there is still no explanation of what status 0x6 means, I continued
my search and found cxio_wr.h.

Can you point out to me what enums are printed here?

Talking about async events: What would be the recommended way of surfacing
those AEs at the user application?

Many thanks and best regards,
 Philip