[ofa-general] Question about exchanging DAT_RMR_TRIPLET

Chuck Hartley hartlch14 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 07:31:22 PST 2008

Hello,

We are doing RDMA transfers using UDAPL and just added a machine with a
different endianness than the rest of the current machines.  We register a
memory region and get a DAT_RMR_TRIPLET that we then send to the remote
machine. On the receiving end, are you supposed to use the triplet as is, or
do you have to byte swap it to the native order or some specific endianness?
I couldn't find anything in the UDAPL document addressing this.

On a related issue, we register a single large memory region that we are
doing transfers from.  However, we are doing small transfers at varying
offsets within that region.  We are currently doing this by modifying the
address field of the DAT_RMR_TRIPLET we received. Is this an ok thing to do,
or is there some other way to do RDMA transfers of varying size/offset from
within a single registered memory region?

Thanks,
Chuck