[ofa-general] SA code?

Yicheng Jia YJia at tmriusa.com
Fri Feb 1 14:38:51 PST 2008

Hi Hal,

The only reason is cost down. The cost of IB switch weighs too much in our
product, it seems the ring topology is the only way to go. There's no
message across the ring, all the communication occurs within the ring.
Would it cause the performance substantially go down?

Thanks!
Yicheng

Hal Rosenstock <hrosenstock at xsigo.com>
02/01/2008 04:25 PM

Yicheng Jia <YJia at tmriusa.com>
cc
Roland Dreier <rdreier at cisco.com>, general at lists.openfabrics.org
Subject
Re: [ofa-general] SA code?

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 16:14 -0600, Yicheng Jia wrote:

> Hi Roland,
>
> Is there SA code available in OFED? I have a IB switch to connect all
> the mellanox HCAs, the SA is running on the switch's firmware. My goal
> is to skip the switch and use ring topology to connect the HCA with
> each other. Is it doable in OFED?

I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish with this topology.
In IB speak, each HCA <-> HCA link would be a separate subnet. Do you
intend to forward across your ring ? If so, only some "router" mode
would allow that with the topology you propose.

-- Hal

> Thanks!
> Yicheng

Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com