[ofa-general] ENOMEM

Kilian CAVALOTTI kilian at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 4 09:31:45 PST 2008

Hi Ruben,

On Sunday 03 February 2008 01:09:50 am Ruben Niederhagen wrote:
> For 'ulimit -l' I get 512 - as root as well as usual user; souldn't
> that be enough?

The only way to be sure is to increase it and see if it changes
anything. :)

> How do I enlarge this limit? The line
> *               hard    locks           1024
> in /etc/security/limits.conf (+reboot) didn't do the trick...

I believe the relevant type is "memlock", and you can set the value up
to "unlimited". Setting a hard limit won't change the default user
limit (set a "soft" limit for this) but will affect users' ability to
increase this limit.

So, with:

	*        hard    memlock	unlimited

in /etc/security/limits.conf, you should be able to do, as a user:

	$ ulimit -l unlimited

and try your ibv_srq_pingpong again.

HTH.
Cheers,