[ofa-general] Re: [ewg] OFED 1.3 rc4 update

Pradeep Satyanarayana pradeeps at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Feb 6 10:36:12 PST 2008

Tziporet Koren wrote:
> Shirley Ma wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Tziporet. We will test it right after it's out.
>>

> You can start use the lates build -
> http://www.openfabrics.org/builds/ofed-1.3/OFED-1.3-20080206-0751.tgz
>
> Tziporet

I have downloaded the todays build mentioned above. I am still seeing the issue
of failing ib_destroy_cq() for the rcq mentioned yesterday.

Here are the steps that I follow:

1. On a freshly booted system configure ib0
2. Switch to connected mode ( on HCA that supports SRQ)
3. ping remote interface
4. modprobe -r ib_ehca
5. I see the failures about ib_destroy_cq() failing and the
cascading failures following that (srq and pd cannot be destroyed)
6. If I try a modprobe ib_ehca I get an error "Cannot allocate memory"
This also means some one is chewing tons of memory. I realize that the
qp and associated pd were not freed, so some memory is "lost". However,
this system has 8 GB of memory.

Pradeep