[ofa-general] Re: Standard RDS port number

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Thu Feb 7 02:14:21 PST 2008

Olaf Kirch wrote:
> On Sunday 27 January 2008 11:17, Yevgeny Kliteynik wrote:

>> I'm using this port number to recognize RDS
>> connection in QoS manager (OpenSM).

> There are no plans to change the port number right now. In fact, the
> TCP support is currently rather instable, so that we disabled it for now.

Hi Olaf,

The IBTA approach was to derive the "QoS level" from bunch of params
where one of them is the Service ID (aka SID). For ULPs that use the
RDMA CM (as RDS does), the SID is derived from the destination port
number provided as part of the sockaddr structure you call
rdma_connect() with, does this explains the question?

Or