[ofa-general] Re: oops in cxgb3:t3_l2t_get

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Thu Feb 7 06:31:34 PST 2008

Roland Dreier wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> With a fairly recent vanilla Linus tree (git head is 551e4fb2), I get
> the following oops when I run a program that creates a loopback
> connection with the RDMA CM over an iw_cxgb3 device.  It seems to be
> totally reproducible.

The Chelsio RNIC doesn't support loopback rdma connections.  I guess
we'll have to fail addr/route resolution for local addresses.  I believe
  other rdma devices do support loopback, so maybe this needs to be some
sort of ib_device attribute or something so the rdma-cma can fail the
resolution based on what the device supports...

Steve