[ofa-general] uDAPL libdat2.so version # problem for today's OFED code

Arlin Davis ardavis at ichips.intel.com
Thu Feb 7 13:33:06 PST 2008

Tang, Changqing wrote:
> HI,
>         I downloaded today's tarball and installed. But both libdat.so and libdat2.so report version 1.2

This is not the DAT version, it is the provider configured in your
/etc/dat.conf. The OFED configuration supplies OFA providers for both
1.2 and 2.0 versions. Your application picks accordingly.

For example, if you change your code to list more then one and include
the name you will see the list:

        for (i=0;i<10;i++) {
                 fprintf(stderr, "version: %s %d.%d\n",
                 interface[i].ia_name,
                 interface[i].dapl_version_major,
                 interface[i].dapl_version_minor);
         }

./test
version: OpenIB-cma 1.2
version: OpenIB-cma-1 1.2
version: OpenIB-cma-2 1.2
version: OpenIB-cma-3 1.2
version: OpenIB-bond 1.2
version: ofa-v2-ib0 2.0
version: ofa-v2-ib1 2.0
version: ofa-v2-ib2 2.0
version: ofa-v2-ib3 2.0
version: ofa-v2-bond 2.0

The dat_ia_open will validate the build version against the provider
version.

-arlin