[ofa-general] uDAPL libdat2.so version # problem for today's OFED code

Arlin Davis ardavis at ichips.intel.com
Thu Feb 7 14:46:38 PST 2008

Tang, Changqing wrote:
> Arlin:
>         Thank you for pointing this out, I almost forgot this mismatch issue.
>
> Here is the error we got when we port v1 code to v2, can you give some hint ?
>
> setup_listener Permission denied
> setup_listener Permission denied
> setup_listener Permission denied
> setup_listener Permission denied
> setup_listener Permission denied
> setup_listener Permission denied

The conn_qual (port) is less then 1024 and rdma_cma returns EPERM.

If you are calling dat_psp_create() with a conn_qual less then 1024 it
will fail.

If calling dat_psp_create_any(), the seed value is 1000 so you will get
some warning messages until it hits a valid port. This is not an error
just a warning. The call should actually return DAT_SUCCESS along with a
valid conn_qual. I will change the seed value to 1024 in the next release.

-arlin